Meet Dan Pflumm
Experience & Dedication to Shawnee
Dan Pflumm has been married to Julie Pflumm for 34 years as of July. Together they have a daughter and four sons and two grandsons. Below is an outline of his educational background and experience:
- St. Joseph Grade School Shawnee Kansas
- St. Joseph High School Shawnee Kansas
- Associate of Arts Degree Johnson County Community College
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from Kansas State University
- DanCo Systems, Inc. - President, started DanCo Systems, Inc. in 1994 which is an engineering, control systems, and instrumentation supplier to the industrial process control industry.
- The Foxboro Company - Sr. Sales Engineer for Distributed Control Systems and Instrumentation
- Boeing Military Airplane Company - Lead Systems Engineer on Missile Integration programs for the B-52, B1, and B2 bombers.
- American Water Works Association
- Chairman of the Membership Committee for the State of Kansas
- Water Environmental Association - Member
- Kansas Independent Oil & Gas Association - Member
- Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers - Past Member
Dan's family has lived in Shawnee for well over 150 years. He purchased the Commerce Bank building on the corner of Johnson Drive and Nieman Road and proceeded to rent space where developers had previously failed to do so.
He relocated his company -- DanCo Systems, Inc. -- to Downtown Shawnee to help support local merchants.
Dan and several members of his family purchased Dodge City Beef to prevent them from moving out of Downtown Shawnee.